Mosquito Barrier is an all-natural mosquito repellent for your outdoor areas. Many professional landscapers and mosquito control companies use this garlic based repellent. However, you do not have to be a professional to use this great product. The average homeowner will have no trouble applying the Mosquito Barrier repellent to their outdoor areas. You can even use it to treat irremovable water sources.
Mosquito Barrier is completely safe to be used in areas that your family or pets will be frequenting. It is also a safe product to treat areas that contain wildlife to which you do not want to be affected but still want to deter the mosquitoes away from.
Now let’s go over how to apply Mosquito Barrier and a few tips for applying it.
Applying Mosquito Barrier to Outdoor Spaces
Mosquito Barrier is available in two sizes: quarts and gallons. A quart will treat approx. 1.25 acres for one application or smaller residential properties may get a couple applications. A gallon covers approx. 5 acres and is the best size for a home that sits on a half-acre for the entire season. More times than not, four applications will be plenty for the entire mosquito season. You will know when to reapply All-Natural Mosquito Barrier by watching the mosquitoes. If you start seeing more and more mosquitoes then you know that it is time to chase them off again.
If there is rain in the forecast for 24-48 hours after your plan on applying you will want to hold off. Wait to apply the All-Natural Mosquito Barrier until there is a good 2-3 day dry stretch. Only apply to dry lawns and surfaces. Do not apply to foliage if it is wet with morning dew and do not run sprinklers for 48 hours after application.
To apply the All-Natural Mosquito Barrier you do not need an expensive gas-powered backpack sprayer you can use just about any style pump sprayer. You can find inexpensive pump style sprayers at your local hardware or nursery for a reasonable price. You just want to look for a sprayer that sprays a fine mist for consistency. You can also use a fogger to apply the All-Natural Mosquito Barrier to the intended area.
**TIP: **Using a garden hose-end sprayer is not recommended because they are very inconsistent and the droplet size is larger than recommended. However, if you are going to use one anyways use a sprayer that has a dial for ounces per gallon. Set the dial for 2 ounces or 4 tablespoons per gallon of water.
Make sure that you are applying Mosquito Barrier to all areas where mosquitoes hang out. All dark and damp areas under porches, in vents leading to basements or under your house and outbuildings are all great mosquito hiding places. It is even recommended to spray the Mosquito Barrier on the sides of all buildings, porches, and driveways that are not covered in grass as this will help repel mosquitoes.
When applying Mosquito Barrier to foliage and surfaces with the wand of your pump sprayer, hold the wand nozzle approx. 8 inches away, sweeping back and forth for even coverage. Make sure that the spray gets deep into the grass and foliage using a small spray droplet size.
Treat all standing water sources in your outdoor area as these are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Use the Standing Water Formula for the Mosquito Barrier. It will create a film on the water that will put a stop to the mosquito larvae maturing into biting adult mosquitoes.
A Few Tips for Applying Mosquito Barrier:
- When mixing the standing water formula, mix the All-Natural Mosquito Barrier, oil, and soap together first and then add it to the water. Stir the entire mixture until it is well blended. If you have hard water you may want to add a little more soap to allow the mixture to mix consistently.
- You can increase the amount of All-Natural Mosquito Barrier that you use in your formulas if you wish. This will not harm plants or animals in the treated area.
- Spray between the hours of 8 am and 11 am or in the evening between 5 pm and 8 pm.
- Do not spray on windy days or if rains is expected within 48 hours.
- Store unused All-Natural Mosquito Barrier in a cool dry place. It has a shelf life of 2 years stored in a cool dry place however if you store it in a refrigerator at 40 degrees it will last several years.
- All-Natural Mosquito Barrier once applied should be able to withstand 2 or 3 moderate rain showers as long as the rains showers did not occur within the first 24-48 hours of application.
- Converted ounces are 6 teaspoons = 1 ounce, 8 ounces = 1 cup.